2020 NC Brewers Cup Competition
The NC Brewers' Cup is the largest craft beer competition of North Carolina. ALL North Carolina commercial brewers are invited to participate in this BJCP sanctioned beer competition, sponsored by Pro Refrigeration, Inc. and ABS Commercial, and administered by the North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild.
Online registration is open through August 7, 2020.
All entries must be received at the Triangle competition venue (The Cookery, 1101 W Chapel Hill St, Durham, NC 27701) during the drop-off period: August 11th & 12th, 2020.
- Entrant must be the producer of the beer.
- Only federally and NC ABC permitted North Carolina breweries may enter the competition.
- Entries must be registered in North Carolina, and have a NC-approved label.
- All entries (bottles/cans/crowlers/growlers) must include a Entry Identification Label and a No-Charge Donation invoice (both forms are auto-generated from your online registration)
- Online registration is required prior to dropping off/shipping your entry.
- Entrants must submit three (3) containers (cans/bottles/crowlers/growlers) of each entry for the commercial competition.
- Entry fees are $35 per entry. Credit card payment is collected during the online registration process.
- Entry limit: A brewery can enter a maximum of 10 entries into the competition.
- Breweries may use the same beer brand for multiple entries. (For example, if a beer is entered into a BJCP category, but also meets the definition of the "NC Home-Grown" category.) Entrants must still submit three (3) containers for each entry registration.
- A minimum of one Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) judge and one professional beer judge will evaluate all entries.
- Entries will be judged according to the 2015 version of the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) style guidelines at www.bjcp.org/stylecenter.php.
- Entries will be accepted for the 34 BJCP categories listed in the judging section. The NCCBG reserves the right to combine categories for medal distribution based on the number of entries received.
- Regardless of medal category, all entries will be judged blind according to the style guidelines for the BJCP sub-category that they are entered into.
- Entries will additionally be accepted for the "NC Home-Grown" category. To qualify for this category, 55% of the beer's dry-weight ingredients must be sourced from North Carolina produced products.
- Medals (gold, silver, bronze) will be awarded to the top 3 winners of each designated medal category. If warranted, a honorable mention in the category will additionally be recognized, but does not receive a medal.
- The NC Brewers Cup trophy will be awarded to the overall competition Best in Show winner.
- All winners will be recognized at the Virtual NC Industry Awards Ceremony on Friday, Nov. 6th.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Lisa M. Parker | Associate Director
North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild