BrewSmart, CLT: Technical Brewing
Join the NC Craft Brewers Guild in Charlotte on Monday, June 21st
for a day of programming focusing on helping you brew better beer! Industry experts will bring their knowledge of technical brewing to you and your peers to help you increase your quality, improve your yield, and gain efficiency.
Scheduled Sessions+ The Four Pillars of Hops Quality, presented by Beau Evers of Crosby Hops
Your ability to consistently brew beer that stands on its own and stands apart from the rest hinges on high-quality hops. We will walk through the factors that influence hop quality to help you make educated decisions about the hops you source and the suppliers you partner with. Presentation will include data sets like the BA Annual Hop Survey + USDA/NASS’s Crop ’20 hop report.+ Musings On a Malt COA: What Do Those Numbers Mean?
, presented by Mary Jane Maurice, Director of Technical Services at Malteurop Malting Company
Mary-Jane Maurice, the first American with a diploma from the Maltsters' Association of Great Britain, arms us with more knowledge about malting and malt COAs so we can all make better quality beer. MJ walks you through the full COA analysis from field to flavor, to provide a better understanding of the values that can change your mash, wort, and beer. + Yeast Nutrition in Non-Malt Fermentations, presented by Laura Burns of Omega Yeast
We will share our extensive knowledge in solely sugar-based fermentations by first providing a basic overview of the main nutrients needed to support a healthy fermentation. We will take a deeper dive into additional topics of yeast selection, nutrient dosing strategies, troubleshooting struggling fermentations, and post-fermentation flavoring and stability considerations.+ Scaling-Up Your Brewhouse - Tips & Considerations, presented by Scott Thurston of ABS Commercial and a Panel of Brewers to include: Townes Mozer, Lenny Boy Brewing Co.; Aaron Delgaty, Hatchet Brewing Co.; Conor Robinson, Birdsong Brewing Co.
How do you know it's time to scale up your brewhouse. What efficiencies can you expect to gain when scaling up? What should I consider when scaling my recipes between two different-sized brewhouses. Learn the answers to these questions, along with useful tips, tricks and relevant considerations.
Schedule for Monday, June 21st
- BrewSmart at NoDa Brewing Company, sponsored by ABS Commercial
- 9:00am - Check-in and get your complimentary event glassware, sponsored by SAHM Glass.
- We'll have coffee available starting at 9am, compliments of the Beer Law Center, so come early and get some networking and shopping in at the mini trade show.
- 10:00am - 10:50am: Presentation #1 - The Four Pillars of Hops Quality
- 11:00am - 11:50am: Presentation #2 - Musings On a Malt COA: What Do Those Numbers Mean?
- 12pm - 1pm: Lunch provided by Custom Printing USA
- 1:00pm - 1:50pm: Presentation #3 - Scaling-Up Your Brewhouse - Tips & Considerations
- 2:00pm - 2:50pm: Presentation #4 - Yeast Nutrition in Non-Malt Fermentations
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm: NoDa Brewing Co. tour with Head Brewer Chad Henderson
- Member Social at Divine Barrel Brewing, sponsored by Prairie Malt
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm - Member Social at Divine Barrel Brewing
- All current Guild members are invited to attend this NCCBG Member Social. If you have accounts or industry partners that you would like to see more involved with the Guild, please invite them out (and introduce us)!
* Please note that this event is open to all breweries and brewery staff, regardless of Guild membership.
** Allied trade vendors must be a member of the NC Craft Brewers Guild to participate.
*** If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Accommodations in Charlotte
UNC Charlotte Marriott Hotel & Conference Center for 119 USD per night
Discounted reservation cut-off date: June 14th, 2021.
Your guest can book a room by calling reservations 1(800) 288-9290 or by using the online reservation link below:
Book your group rate for NC Craft Brewers Guild
Thank you to our event sponsors...