NC Brewers Cup Competition
The NC Brewers' Cup is the official craft beer competition of North Carolina. ALL North Carolina commercial brewers are invited to participate in this BJCP sanctioned beer competition, sponsored by Pro Refrigeration, Inc. and administered by the North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild.
Online registration is required and will be open through August 9, 2019.
All entries must be received at Pro Refrigeration, Inc. during the drop-off period: August 15th & 16th, 2019.
- Entrant must be the producer of the beer.
- Only federally and NC ABC permitted North Carolina breweries may enter the competition.
- Entries must be registered in North Carolina, and have a NC-approved label.
- All entries (bottles/cans/crowlers/growlers) must include a Entry Identification Label and a No-Charge Donation invoice (these will be auto-generated from your online registration)
- Online registration is required prior to dropping off/shipping your entry.
- Beers are judged according to style guidelines for the subcategory as listed by the entrant.
- Entrants must submit two (2) containers (cans/bottles/crowlers/growlers) of each entry for the commercial competition.
- Entry fees are $30 per beer entry. Credit card payment is collected during the online registration process.
- A minimum of one Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) judge and one professional beer judge will evaluate all entries.
- All entries will be judged blind based on the subcategory.
- Entries will be judged according to the 2015 version of the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) style guidelines at www.bjcp.org/stylecenter.php.
- Entries will be accepted for the 34 BJCP categories listed in the judging section. Meads and ciders will not be accepted/judged in the competition.
- Entries will also be accepted for a new 2019 category: "NC Home-Grown Beer" - 55% of the beer's dry-weight ingredients are sourced from North Carolina.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Medals (gold, silver, bronze) will be awarded to the top 3 winners of each category. If warranted, a honorable mention in the category will additionally be recognized, but does not receive a medal.
- The NC Brewers Cup trophy will be awarded to the overall competition Best in Show winner.
- All awards will be presented to winners at the NC Industry Awards Banquet on Wednesday, Nov. 6th in Winston-Salem during the NC Craft Brewers Conference.
- Winners may be displayed at the NC State Fair Our State Public House.
Lisa M. Parker | Associate Director
North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild